I am a third year PhD student at Carnegie Mellon University’s Heinz College of Information Systems and Public Policy. I spent the first year of my PhD in the Department of Computer Science at Stony Brook University where I worked with Leman Akoglu on mining and modeling structured data.
I received a master’s in computer science from KAUST, where I was part of the InfoCloud group. I defended my thesis on the theoretical problem of scheduling broadcasts in a network of timelines to a committee consisting of Panos Kalnis (chair, databases), Xiangliang Zhang (machine learning) and Antoine Vigneron (theoretical computer science).
In a previous life, I was a software engineer at Yahoo! where I was fortunate to work with the Timesense team on large-scale streaming NLP. Before that, I was an undergraduate at BITS - Pilani, Goa Campus.
- 05.15.17 – “RUSH! Targeted Time-limited Coupons via Purchase Forecasts” accepted to the applied data science track of KDD ‘17! (acceptance rate 85/396 = 21.5%)
- 21.08.16 – Moved to the Heinz College at CMU!
- 23.06.16 – Received a KDD ‘16 Student Travel Award!
- 26.05.16 – Received an IACS Young Writer’s Award!
- 05.12.16 – StreamSpot accepted to KDD ‘16 as a research-track oral! (acceptance rate 70/784 = 8.9%)
- 08.11.15 – Joined the DATA Lab at Stony Brook University!
- 04.11.14 – Top 100 (of 1720 teams) as LogisticAggression (w/ Maruan Alshedivat) in IEEEXtreme 8.0!
- 14.09.14 – Won best Mashery hack at PennApps X for Snipbase!
- 26.08.14 – Successfully completed my GSoC ‘14 project!
- 25.07.14 – Selected for PennApps X Fall 2014!
- 21.04.14 – Selected for GSoC ‘14 with the Oregon State University Open Source Lab!
- 27.03.14 – Joined the InfoCloud research group at KAUST!